- We have been boating a few times. The best time was when Oliver and I went to Willard Bay with my parents and three of my little cousins. Oliver went for his first tube ride and fell asleep!
- Got my first bee sting - right on the underside of my wrist. I can't stand to be touched there, so of course that would be where I receive my first sting! I think the little jerk injected the venom right into a vein or something, too, because my arm was swollen to almost double its size (I couldn't move my wrist at all at one point) and it was roughly the shade of a plum!
- Decided it was time to get serious about getting my master's degree. As of right now, I'm hoping to get into the Writing program at BYU. But it will probably take a couple years of applying before I'm accepted (if ever! it's a tough program to get into!) Because my undergrad is in Psych, I'm currently taking some of the prerequisites I'll need from the U of U. But my goal is to have my Master's before I'm 35! LOL
- Spent a fun day at the park with some of my closest friends from high school and their families. Girls, I'll post those pics in another post!
- Went to two funerals and a wedding all in one week. My sister-in-law, Rachele, lost the baby she was carrying, my brother's good childhood friend committed suicide, and a good friend of mine from Snow College (Matt Reeve) got married.
- Realized that I love to cook and am actually fairly decent at it. Shocker, right?!
- Went to the Stadium of Fire on the 4th of July with the entire Oteo family. That was a really fun night! Also was Oliver's first "concert". I had actually never heard the Jonas Bros before, but they were alright!
- Took Oliver to my Aunt Kathy's ranch, where his obsession with cows began! We celebrated my dad's 55th birthday while we were there.
- Enoc, Oliver and I were in a stake play about Joseph Smith.
- Got another year older.
- Oliver went on his first camping trip, down his first waterslide and to Lagoon for the first time! His favorite was the waterslide!
- Spent a lot of time with my cousin, Kassi, who comes to stay with us each summer. I miss having her around! She was my best bud this summer!
- My dad had a heart attack a couple weeks ago. He spent about a week in the hospital recovering. He's home now, but is going in for open heart surgery this Thursday. I guess he has had at least one pretty bad silent heart attack prior to this that went untreated. And the only reason he knew he was having this heart attack was that his lungs started to fill with fluid and he couldn't breath, so my Grandma rushed him to the ER! Pretty scary!
- Been amazed at Oliver's expanding vocab. It's crazy to hear the new things he comes up with! So far he says: Mama, Dada, Ball, Dog, Agua, Binky, Bottle, Gato, Cat, Moo, Bock Bock (like a chicken), Meow, Egg, Vo (Huevo), Bamma (Grandma), Bampa (Grandpa), Shoe, Hello, Hi, Bye, 'Mon (Come on), Gin (Again), Want un bite (any time he wants a bite of anything or anytime he's hungry), Apple, Nana (Banana), No, Si, Mine, Book, and probably some others that I'm forgetting!
So, that's the gist of our crazy summer! I have so many pictures I want to post, but I'll probably just put them up on Facebook or something. Or maybe in a slideshow.



1 comment:
Wow! What an eventful summer. That is scary about your dad. I hope everything goes well with the surgery. We need to get together soon!
Post a Comment