Some of my really great friends from high school and I decided to escape from our husbands and children for a wild and crazy night with just the girls! Well, it wasn't so wild and crazy, but it was definitely tons of fun! I wish I got to see these girls more!
Our kickoff party started with dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We waited forever for a table it seems like, but had fun chatting anyway. We were a little rushed from waiting so long because we had an improv comedy show to get to. And we had this HILARIOUS waiter who thought he was Rico Suave and was attempting to fatten up his tip by throwing bedroom eyes at each of us! He was especially obsessed with Melisa and almost had his tongue in her ear at one point!!! Anyway, here is a picture of us at dinner. I really wish we had taken one with that stalker waiter! LOL
Next stop was the Off Broadway Theater for an improv comedy show. We ended up front and center by some random lucky (or unlucky) coincidence. At one point during the show Melisa and I were actually forced up on stage (thanks Jenny! lol!). We had to play "dolls" with these two enormous guys by manipulating their bodies into any poses we saw fit! They then had to make up a story to go along with whatever their bodies were doing. Although it was kind of embarrassing at first, it really turned out to be a lot of fun and I'm glad we got to go up! Here are some pics from the comedy club. The first picture is one of us trying to pay for parking. For some reason I had a really challening time trying to roll my dollar bill small enough to slide through the slot. Not sure why -Kristen and Melisa were able to manage it on the first try! I just about shredded the poor thing by the time I got it through, though! Guess I don't roll my own weed enough! LOL! ;)





Next stop was the hotel. Our friend Shannon was at the Reba concert with her sister, so missed out on dinner and the comedy club, but was able to meet us for the slumber party! That's right, I said SLUMBER PARTY! Woohoo! It was a lot of fun. We stayed up until after 4:00 in the morning, and I was definitely feeling in the next day! Especially when I got to come home and take care of a sick baby boy. But it was totally worth it. It was so much fun to chat and play catch up on what's been going on in all of our lives the past ten years! And we got to eat our yummy cheesecake that we had saved from dinner! Mmm Mmm Good! Oh, and another funny little tidbit. Everyone was placing their cameras on the tv stand and setting the timers so we could get pictures with all of us. Kristen's camera makes this really funny crowing sound (she claims it's a howling coyote, but the jury is still out - Shannon and I both hear a rooster! LOL) before it takes the picture - to get your attention. None of us could keep a straight face when that happened, so I'm sure we all look pretty silly in her pictures!



So, our friend Jessica had to work all weekend and was unable to join us. So sad! But we all got together with her at Ruby Tuesday's for lunch Monday afternoon. I really wish she could have joined us over the weekend! I miss that girl like crazy! (I kinda look drunk or something in this last picture - but I swear I'm not! LOL!)



All in all, it was an awesome weekend (and Monday!) and I really hope we can make this a yearly tradition!
5 comments:
I'm glad you mentioned Kristen's camera, that was so funny! Next year I'll make sure I can come to the whole thing!
k, that is what i need--a girls night away! how fun. I don't think i have the stamina anymore though to stay up til 4, i think like 11 is pushing it.
Yay for us! It was SO fun getting together with you girls. We TOTALLY should have taken a picture of our waiter panting in Melisa's ear! That was classic!
Yeah, 11 is pushing it for me also! I was definitely hurting the next day! Getting old and responsible is so sad sometimes. ;)
Hehe my camera is awesome! Thanks Jenny for figuring out the timer :D. Yeah, most of the pics we're trying not to laugh, but they're still good. We definitely need to do that again. Only next time we'll make sure Jessica doesn't have to work!
Post a Comment