Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A peek at the past: 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 2 years ago...and 2 years from now!

I'm finally getting around to the Years Tag! Yay! I got this from my good friend Jenny's blog. I loved reading through hers and through my other friends' who have participated! So, I tag anyone else who has the time and motivation to post what they were up to 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 2 years ago, and also what they hope to be doing 2 years from now. Okay, here we go:

10 Years Ago...

This time 10 years ago I was a month or so into my senior year of high school! It seems so crazy to think that that much time has already gone by! *sigh* Well, the things I remember the most about my senior year are: Dance Company (I especially remember the early morning and after school practices - a lot of my time went to Dance Co. in those days!), sluffing most of my classes, hanging out with my friend Melisa (we became really good friends our senior year and are still really close), and my crappy car! I never did get around to scanning any pictures from high school (most of them are boxed up somewhere), but I did steal a picture from Kristen's blog of me and some of my good friends at graduation.
From left to right: Melisa, Jenny, Kristen, me, Jennifer, Jessica & Shannon














5 Year Ago...Er, 4 Years Ago...


So, five years ago I wasn't really up to anything spectacular. I was still working on my bachelor's degree at the University of Utah and dating a guy that isn't really worth mentioning now since I married someone else! LOL! Anyway, those two things took up most of my time. So, I've decided to write about what was going on in my life four years ago because there's more to tell! But here's a picture of me taken about 5 years ago anyway. I'm reading, of course - it's nice to know at least some things never change! ;)



So, four years ago I was having a lot of fun! For the first time since I was 16 years old, I was single for awhile (I wish I would have done that in high school!). I was living in a cute little apartment with my friend Malea that was a block away from the Salt Lake Temple and just across the street from the Conference Center. I went out on the town a lot with my girl friends and did quite a bit of casual dating. I went to New York City and visited pre-Katrina New Orleans. I also finally finished my degree from the University of Utah - I majored in Psychology and minored in Human Development and Family Studies. Also, about 4 or 5 years ago was when I began working as a therapist with a little 3 year old Autistic boy named Nathan. It was the best job I've ever had - I LOVED every minute of it!!!



New York City


Times Square






Central Park



In front of John Lennon's apartment! Woohoo!!!



New Orleans



Look at that monster!!!






A jazz club on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter




This lady had her baby in the bar! Crazy!Hanging out with my girls




Me with my one of my best friends and ex-roomie, MaleaMalea, Brittany, and me on New Year's Eve (obviously!)Angie, Malea, meChristina, Mia, me & Angie at Green StreetBehavioral Therapy with Nathan!!!


Pictures from my sessions with Nathan


This is the time I took Nathan to the Dinosaur Museum. I miss this kid so much!




2 Years Ago


Two years ago we were planning a wedding! I met Enoc Salsa dancing on September 16, 2005. We were originally planning on getting married September 16, 2006. We even had our invitations made! But we pushed the wedding back until January of 2007 because I really wanted to have my dad there and was hoping to give him a little more time to get "temple ready". Didn't work out - he wasn't there anyway, so we should have just gotten married in September. It would have been really cool to get married exactly one year from the day we met. And right now I would be writing that we had just celebrated our two year anniversary! But oh well. This time two years ago I was probably still a little depressed about post-poning our wedding, and trying to figure out a new date. It all worked out in the end, though! Here are some picture of me and Enoc around that time. Most of them are engagement photos, but I also included a picture of us from Halloween that year (since it's almost Halloween now! Woohoo! And I'm sure you'll laugh when you see Enoc's costume!)


2 Years FROM Now


I hope in two years from now that we will have another child, that Enoc will be two years closer to being an architect, and that I will be back in school working on my Masters degree! Of course, I'm with Jenny - it never hurts to hope we'll be rich by then, too! Ah, wishful hopin'... ;)

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am a big fan of Melisa's hair in that first one and of course Enoc's Halloween costume. What a ham!

Jenny said...

That was so fun to read! Who'd you go to New York with? Maybe I missed that.

I LOVED Enoc's costume! I want him to wear that again in like 20 years!

Tiff said...

LOL! Yeah, his costume was hilarious! I want to see him wear it again in 20 years, too!!!

Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing! It's fun to know what you were up to when we lost touch. Can't wait for this weekend! Let me know what your plans are!!!