Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Things have been SO HECTIC here. Here's a quick recap of what we've been up to:
Family Christmas parties - four total. One with my mom's family, one with my dad's family, one with my stepdad's family, and one for Enoc's family. Oliver got to sit on Santa's lap twice (at my mom's fam's and at my dad's fam's). He did better than I expected, but probably because he was delirious with fever. Which brings me to my next point.
Oliver's first ear infection. NOT FUN. He was so sick at my dad's Christmas party that we went straight to the doctor's when we left. He had a fever of 104 degrees. Freaked me out! So we've had some pretty sleepless nights, but he's been on antibiotics and is pretty much back to his normal, half-human/half-monkey self now.
Puppies. They are so freaking cute. They chew on each other's tails/ears/feet/etc and can now bark, growl, run, jump, and frolick. Oh, and poop everywhere. We have a kennel type thing set up in our kitchen, but they now cry to be let out. When we do let them out they poop EVERYWHERE! And try to chew on Oliver's toes and ears, which he doesn't always appreciate - although, sometimes he finds it quite amusing. We sold two of the puppies and they went to their new home on Christmas day. It was actually pretty sad! It's crazy how attached you get. It was more difficult for Enoc than it was for me!
Ah, Christmas. I'm not a huge fan of the Christmas season overall, but I do really love Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was so much fun this year because we have little Oliver with us. It just made everything new and exciting again. I can't wait until he's old enough to really know what's going on. It will be so much fun.
On Christmas Eve we continued our annual tradition of going up to Heber for stepdad's family's party, then to the Oteo's. The Oteo's put on a nativity play with all the grandkids each year and Oliver got to be Jesus. He was great during the dress rehearsals, but come time for the actual play - holy crap! He had a TOTAL MELTDOWN! No sweet, peaceful baby Jesus this year! We tried to get it on video, but Enoc's brother hit the power button to record, then set the camera down while forgetting to turn the power button off, and then hit the power button (resulting in the camera being turned off) to record the actual play. So instead of the nativity play, we have a cutting edge documentary of the Oteo family's feet, which cuts to black just as the play is starting! Oh well.
Christmas Day was a blast. My brother Kodi, his wife Jess, and their little girl, Kennedy came over and woke us up around 7:30. My baby brother, Derek, and his girlfriend Angelita, had slept over the night before. So we all got to open presents together that morning. It was like a blast from the past. And so much fun! Oliver was totally confused. But he made out like a bandit in the present department. I swore I wasn't going to spoil him, but I just couldn't stop myself. I was possessed! It's just so much fun to buy him things!!! And little Kennedy was an absolute doll as always. She got so excited when she unwrapped the gift my parents gave her that she started crying! It was the funniest thing! We actually have that on video (with a nice view of Derek scratching his junk in the background...), so I'll post that later. And it snowed like crazy here! We all got up and shoveled the driveway together. It was a lot of fun - throwing snowballs, making snowangels, etc. Then we watched the sing along version of Mama Mia (which I LOVE so much that Santa, a/ka/ myself, gave it to me for Christmas!). Oliver loves that movie, too. We watch it like every day now and sing along to all the songs! Yes, we are dorks in this family. Then we went to my dad's and spent the day with him and my Grandma Torg. It was awesome! I love Christmas day!!!
Anyway, I know this post is very rambling and totally un-edited, but it's something at least. I'll put pics and videos later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
What a fun Christmas! Christmas is so much more fun once you have kids. It's like you said, everything is brand new and exciting again. That's no fun Oliver had an ear infection. Those can be brutal! I hope all is well now :).
Oh, and did you get the fudge and card that I left on your front porch? Sorry I missed you. I got your card this year, so I guess the postal service decided to work this time :). Thanks!
Sounds like fun! We'll plan on coming over. See you later!
LOL. I love that you were Esme too! We are so much a like! Xoxox!
I didnt know he was sick for the party, he acted pretty good considering he had a fever and everything! Ear infections are awful.
Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow at Holly's shower. It should be interesting since I have to bring Tate....Jord is at the Sugar bowl...
Post a Comment