Enoc was born in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. His family moved to California when he was six years old. He picked up English at school, but had a few embarrassing mishaps first. A story that he tells frequently is when he was a confused, shy, culture-shocked second-grader who didn't speak a word of English and he walked into the girls' restroom by mistake! Another story is that on the first day school, Enoc couldn't understand what the teacher and kids were saying when it was time to go out for recess, so he figured it must be time for lunch. So while all the other kids went out to play, he sat and ate his lunch and then didn't have anything to eat later! And to make it even better, he found his older brother out on the playground eating his lunch, too! Enoc was laughing so hard just now telling me that story that he was literally crying! Enoc's family moved to Provo when he was 14. He graduated from Provo High School in 1998. Enoc served a full time mission to Alaska. He loved it and talks about it all the time! He spent a few years after his mission moving around and seeing some of the world. He went back and lived in Alaska for awhile and he also lived in Hawaii for a time. He is currently pursuing a degree in Architecture. He wants to build temples. If you know Enoc, you know what a PERFECT match that is for him!
I took a quiz forever ago on MySpace that covers the basics of how and where we met. So in the interest of saving time, I'm just going to copy and paste the pertinent questions here!
Where did you meet? We met Salsa dancing.
Where was your first kiss? At my parents' house - in front of the fire. Awww!
How did he ask you out? What did you do on your first date? We danced for about 6 songs straight and then I took off to find the people I was with. We spent the rest of the time trying to find each other again. I was just about to give up when I felt someone touch my arm. I turned around and there he was! He asked for my number. He wanted to take me out the next day, but it was my friend's bday and I already had plans. He came over the day after that instead. It was a Sunday, so we just hung out at my parents' house (smooching in front of the fire)! LOL. I guess that was our "first date".
How did he propose? A couple of my cousins were in town from Virginia for my brother's wedding. They wanted to see the Joseph Smith movie that's playing in the Joseph Smith Memorial and they wanted to visit Temple Square. After the movie we were walking around Temple Square and taking group photos on the steps of the SLC temple. That's where he proposed - right there on the steps of the temple that we were sealed in. I was completely surprised!
When was the first time you realized that you loved him? I knew there was going to be something different about this relationship right away. I didn't really get butterflies when I met him. Instead I got this peaceful, calm feeling, which was much more profound to me. But the first time I remember thinking that I wanted to tell him that I loved him was when we took our first road trip together. It was just a few weeks after we'd met and we drove to Colorado for a concert. It was just the two of us and we had a lot of time to talk and really get to know each other. I remember specifically thinking that I loved him.
Who said "I love you" first? Enoc. We were watching Casablanca and I was falling asleep with my head in his lap. He was playing with my hair. And then he just said it.
My Favorite Memory of Enoc
Well, this isn't very original or surprising, but my favorite memory with Enoc is the day we were married. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple, which usually gets really busy with weddings. I had several people try to warn me off from getting married there because I guess they tend to rush you because it gets so packed. But we had a great experience. We were married on a Tuesday in January, so there were hardly any weddings that day. And we were the last couple. So I had the bridal room all to myself and we weren't rushed at all. In fact, one of Enoc's brothers forgot his temple recommend, and they let him go all the way home to Provo to get it! So Enoc and I got to spend a full hour completely alone in the Celestial Room before we got married!!! It was so wonderful. And of course, kneeling across the altar from him and being sealed for time and all eternity was....well, indescribable really.
- He is an amazing father. He is so tender and loving with our son. He teaches me everyday
how to be a better parent.
- His laugh. It is so full and hearty!
- He's sexy! Ooh la la!
- He loves to read. We are two peas in pod. We frequently hang out at Barnes & Noble for date night and we LOVE it! LOL
- I frequently wake up to find that Enoc has gotten up early and cleaned the entire house. It is so sweet.
- We have so much fun making crazy plans for our future.
- He is a dreamer.
- He can sing. Seriously, this guy is AMAZING. I'm totally jealous.
- He is so friendly and easy to talk to. People always feel at home with him immediately.
- Every day he tells me how great I look (even when I'm having one of those off days).
- He tells really stupid jokes and then cracks up laughing. And it's not a fake laugh. And he's the only one laughing.

- He really gets into telling stories. He has to do the voices and actions and describe everything in great detail!
- He always supports me in my dreams and goals. He gets excited for me and pushes me to achieve.
- He's really sweet with our animals.
- He's naive in an endearing way.
- Because English is his second language, Enoc frequently pops out funny expressions such as "Did you put the whites to wash?" (aka "Have you washed the whites?").
I'm so lucky and blessed to have met such a special man!!!! I love you Sweetie!



2 comments:
I absolutely love it Tiff! What a great idea! I always love reading your blogs, especially since you have such an art with words and writing, but this one is my favorite so far!
That's so sweet :). I miss hanging out with you guys! Enoc was lots of fun and JR and I had a blast with you guys.
Post a Comment